Project description Solution for the guidance of Pay-by-Space parking areas in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Minimize urban traffic caused by the search for a parking space
The City Council of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria seeks to combat traffic in the city to reduce pollution and improve the quality of life of citizens.
The aim of this project is to guide citizens directly to free spaces so that they do not have to make unnecessary turns looking for parking.
Improves accessibility for users by informing them in real time of free parking spaces. Drivers go directly to the areas with availability as they are guided through information panels and the LPAPark APP. This has a positive impact on traffic flow in the city.
The project developed in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria seeks to satisfy both the needs of the public administration and those of the citizens.
We develop an end-to-end system that provides a complete service:
- Sensing system
- Data transmission elements
- Software management platform
- Variable message signs
If you want to know how the complete solution works, find out on:
U-Spot, the wireless parking sensor that detects parking space occupancy:
- Drivers are guided through information panels and/or APPS to available parking spaces avoiding the circulation of vehicles in search of parking spaces.
- Optimized use of parking spaces thanks to real-time information on where to find free spaces.
- Guiding drivers to free spaces reduces traffic generated by vehicles looking for a space by up to 30%. This means a proportional reduction in the pollution generated.
- Informing about the lack of free parking spaces in certain areas of the city avoids unnecessary traffic jams and encourages the use of public transport to get around.