Project description Martorell public hospital parking guidance system using counting sensors
Martorell hospital provides coverage over 150.000 residents.
In 2016, the city decided to construct a free parking area behind the main building to ease the access of the users and reduce traffic and double parking on the main avenue.
To indicate the parking availability to the drivers from the street, the City invested in U-Flow counting sensors at the parking entrances and exits to provide real time information through the on-street Itinere variable message signs and the mobile guidance app deployed for the project. The system also includes the adequate management tools for the manager through the U-Admin platform.
Furthermore, as the parking of the hospital is already full at 10 o’clock in the morning, the digital message sign also offers the option of the indoor library paying parking as an alternative. Its barriers system is connected directly to U-Admin platform.
Details of the system installed:
- 2 U-Flow counting sensors
- Indoor parking data integration
- 301 parking spots
- 6 to 7.000 vehicles per week
- Proved >99% counting accuracy
- Automated correction of the counting based on system deviation
- 3 outdoor variable message signs Itinere
- Integrated system management software U-Admin