Project description Outdoor Parking Guidance in Ħal Qormi, Malta
Decrease of the time of search of free places
Ħal Qormi, 17,000 inhabitants, neighbour city from La Valeta, the Malta capital, suffered from its geographical situation, landlocked into the principal urbanized area of the island. The typical one-way small streets of the city centre offer few parking spots for the shoppers and drivers tended to turn around to park there.
The municipality decided to invest in a Urban Parking Guidance System to indicate from the outer part of the historical centre if and where are the free parking spots available.
Details of the system installed:
- On-street parking sensors U-Spot
- Variable Message Signs fabricated locally using the U-Display modules
- The Parking U-Admin Control Center for the daily management of the system
If you want to know more about how the complete solution works:Guided parking solution
U-Spot, autonomous and wireless parking sensor that detects in real time the entry and exit of vehicles in parking spaces:U-Spot
- Decrease of the time of search of free places
- Reduction of saturation of vehicles in the street
- Better user experience
- Improvement in the quality of life of citizens
Variable Message Signs
Photo Credit: Kunsill Lokali Hal Qormi