Project description Urban parking guidance solution – Calpe City, Alicante (Spain).
Reduced time spent searching for a parking space
Calpe is one of the main tourist cities on the Levante coast. Specifically, Germany Street, one of the main streets with parking to access the beach west of the Ifach, has to cope with a great saturation of vehicles due to the search for parking.
Calpe together with the Pavapark parking operator, have chosen Urbiotica’s urban parking guidance system to ease the mobility in the beach area. Alemania street has been equipped with wireless single space vehicle detection sensors U-Spot. The system informs through a dynamic message panel located at the entrance of the street about the number of free parking spots in real time.
Details of the system installed:
- Single space detection sensors U-Spot
- ITINERE dynamic message panel
- The U-Admin Parking Control Center for the daily management of the system
Pavapark has also launched its application for mobile payment Moviltik, making Calpe a clear example of its Smart City strategy.
If you want to know more about how the complete solution works:Guided parking solution
U-Spot, autonomous and wireless parking sensor that detects in real time the entry and exit of vehicles in parking spaces:U-Spot
- Decrease in vehicle saturation in the street
- Better user experience
- Improvement in the quality of life of citizens
- The parking operator receives precise and reliable data on the use of the blue zone.
ITINERE dynamic message panel