Project description Traffic monitoring in Sant Feliu
Having reliable traffic information in order to plan actions to improve urban mobility
Sant Feliu de Llobregat has a Smart City project known as Urban Lab Sant Feliu, which aims to ease the validation and prototyping of new urban services, whether addressed to citizens or service managers.
Urbiotica’s technology has been included in the project to combat the problems caused by traffic.
Our proposal consisted in the installation of wireless sensors on the road to provide reliable real-time information on traffic conditions.
The deployment in Sant Feliu has been carried out in Carrer del Pla where up to 10,000 vehicles pass daily.
The wireless U-Flow sensor actively detects the volume of vehicles, occupancy and average speed of cars passing on a road or lane in real time and sorts them by size and speed.U-Flow Traffic Sensor
Details of the system installed:
- Sensing System
- Data transmission elements
- Management platform
If you want to know how the complete solution works, find out at:Solution for urban traffic monitoring
- Real-time information on how busy the roads are, volume of vehicles and their classification by type and traffic speeds.
- Constant reliability over time without the need for intrusive maintenance.
- Integration and interoperability with their present traffic management systems.
- Economic efficiency. Affordable installation and maintenance.
- Helps to define traffic management and mobility strategies more efficiently, as well as configure alarms for critical situations.
- Provides users with up-to-date traffic information which improves their quality of life.
- Applications and variable message signs.