The challenge – Noise pollution in cities
The natural trend of migration to cities and their exponential growth means that ensuring a sustainable environment in urban environments is a major challenge. The increase in population and frenetic activity results in a proportional increase in the noise generated.
The main source of noise in cities today is road traffic. However, there are other more difficult sources to control which cause greater nuisance to citizens such as outdoor and night-life activities.
Information for decision making
With the introduction of new IoT technologies in the field of environmental acoustics, it is now possible to measure continuously and know the noise levels at any given time.
The solution – Noise monitoring network
Urbiotica’s noise monitoring network enables the autonomous and continuous monitoring of noise levels in the city 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Based on sensor measurement, real-time information is provided and alerts generated when the established noise limits are exceeded.
Permanent and low-cost noise control system for:
• Noise exposure evaluation
• Quantify the results of the action plans
• Improve control in noisy and problematic areas
• Anticipate citizen demands
• Assess the compliance with what is established in the Acoustic Map
• Make information available to citizens
Having a source of objective data on a global problem has a positive impact on citizenship:
• Administrative efficiency
• Transparency of municipal management
• Education and citizen awareness
Solution for you
• It enables the deployment of a permanent noise monitoring network to control city trouble spots.
• Economic efficiency due to its lower investment and maintenance cost. This new technology based on the Internet of Things allows you to create a permanent monitoring network at the best price, with minimum maintenance and measurement quality equivalent to a Class II sound level meter.
• It enables the development of efficient and sustainable local strategies adapted to the actual noise situation in the environment.
• It complements the information provided by strategic noise maps.
• This new permanent monitoring technology complements the equipment.
• Together with the measurements of traditional sound meters it enables more economically efficient noise studies.
• It will be possible to easily expand the portfolio of products and open new business lines.
Why does our noise monitoring solution stand out?
Our solution for noise pollution stands out for:
- An autonomous, wireless and compact sensor which is responsible for continuous real-time measurements with a quality equivalent to a class II sound level meter.
- The data captured by the sensor (LAeq1’) and the indicators generated (LN, LDEN, etc.) are available remotely in the cloud from where they are distributed to the management systems.
- Noise monitoring tool with 12-year useful life and minimum maintenance.
- Web applications for the private or public management of data.