Control of parking spaces reserved for persons with reduced mobility (PRM)
Spaces reserved for People with Reduced Mobility (PRM) play a key role in the mobility of these people. These are parking spaces with certain characteristics that facilitate their mobility, such as the minimum dimensions to handle their chairs, or proximity to pedestrian accesses and entrances to buildings to avoid long distances. These are just some of the requirements a mobility disabled person depends on to move around and carry out their daily activities.
The reality of these spaces granted to PRM people results in serious difficulties for them to park. These spaces are often found usurped by vehicles that are improperly parked for various reasons: because they are closer parking options, because they have not found another alternative parking option, cars stopped “only for a minute”, or people who make a fraudulent use of them on a recurring basis.
The abusive use of these spaces causes significant disruption to the lives of the most vulnerable. Ensuring good use of them has a great impact on their freedom of movement. The control of spaces reserved for PRM must be efficiently ensured.
Spaces reserved for PRM are generally only authorized to people who have the European Union parking card for people with disabilities, which is issued by the public administrations to people according to their condition ascertained by a certified organization.
With our solution for the control of PRM parking spaces, you can guide users directly to the available spaces and at the same time remotely alert the services in charge of surveillance when unauthorized parking violations occur.
The system includes:
- U-Spot M2M gateway-less sensors installed in each parking space.
- APP for authorized users through which they check-in once they park their vehicle and may consult parking availability as well.
- Control APP for a quick and efficient enforcement.
- U-Admin Web Platform: for the management of the system (sensors, regulation set-up, users), and analysis of the use of the parking areas (rotations, duration, fraud).
- API to integrate with any third-party system (user or control).
How it works?
- The user parks in a space reserved for PRM. The U-Spot M2M sensor detects the presence of the new vehicle.
- The user checks-in through the Parking APP to notify he parked in a specific or within a group of parking spaces.
- If the user doesn’tcheck-inor in case the maximum time defined is exceeded, an alert is sent to the parking guard.
- When the vehicle leaves or if the parking infraction is dealt with by the guard, the alert is deactivated and saved.
- By accessing U-Admin, the manager can set-up, monitor and consult all system activity: spaces, usage rules, PRM user and guards accounts.
The identification and control of the users parked in each parking space achieves a drastic infraction reduction.
The control of authorized users frees up the spaces used fraudulently and offers more possibilities to park to those who really need it.
Users authorized to use these PRM spaces have real-time information on where to find an available space, thus offering them a better and easier experience when moving around.
The real-time visualization of the alerts allows the optimization of the control operations as well as the resources destined to this management, being able to prioritize the areas with more infractions.
Why do we stand out?
Autonomous, reliable and robust detection system. Easy and affordable deployment and maintenance thanks to U-Spot M2M sensors, without the need of installing gateways.
- The APP for users facilitates and encourages the use by providing them with information on the availability of free spaces, as well as services such as alert notices once the authorized time has expired.
The manager and guard tools ease the control operations and planification of the parking areas thanks to the real-time visualization of the infractions in the APP, as well as the analytics information delivered.