Control of the parking spaces reserved for electric vehicle charging
Electric vehicles are a key aspect in sustainable mobility, versus the combustion engines which are one of the most direct causes of the pollution generated in today’s cities. Electric vehicles contribute to a cleaner and quieter cities.
For this reason, it is becoming increasingly common to find parking spaces reserved exclusively for electric vehicles, most of which are equipped to recharge vehicles. These spaces play a key role for most of these users, given the scarcity of other charging options nearby.
The amount of these spaces reserved for electric vehicles is low in relation to the total number of parking spaces in certain areas. Even though, it is common for them to be used by unauthorized vehicles, complicating charging access for the vehicles that need it.
The misuse of these spaces is a problem for electric vehicle users. The control has to be ensured effectively.
With our control solution you will be able to guide these users directly to the available spaces and at the same time remotely alert the services in charge of vigilance when an infraction occurs when an unauthorized user parks.
The system includes:
- U-Spot M2M gateway-less sensors installed in each parking space.
- APP for authorized users through which they check-in once they park their vehicle and may consult parking availability as well.
- ParkCtrl: control APP for quick and efficient enforcement.
- U-Admin Web Platform: for the management of the system (sensors, regulation set-up, users), and analysis of the use of the parking areas (rotations, duration, fraud).
- API to integrate with any third-party system (user or control).
How it works?
- The user parks in a space reserved for electric vehicles. The U-Spot M2M sensor detects the presence of the new vehicle.
- The user checks-in through the Parking APP to notify he parked in a specific or within a group of parking spaces.
- If the user doesn’t check-in or in case the maximum time defined is exceeded, an alert is sent to the parking guard.
- When the vehicle leaves or if the parking infraction is dealt with by the guard, the alert is deactivated and saved.
- By accessing U-Admin, the manager can set-up, monitor, and consult all system activity: spaces, usage rules, and guard accounts.
The identification and control of the users parked in each parking space achieves a drastic infraction reduction.
The control of authorized users frees up the spaces used fraudulently and offers more possibilities to park to those who really need it.
Users authorized to use the electric vehicles spaces have real-time information on where to find an available space, thus offering them a better and easier experience when moving around.
The real-time visualization of the alerts allows the optimization of the control operations as well as the resources destined to this management, being able to prioritize the areas with more infractions.
Why do we stand out?
Autonomous, reliable and robust detection system. Easy and affordable deployment and maintenance thanks to U-Spot M2M sensors, without the need of installing gateways.
- The APP for users facilitates and encourages the use by providing them with information on the availability of free spaces, as well as services such as alert notices once the authorized time has expired.
The manager and guard tools ease the control operation and planning of the parking areas thanks to the real-time visualization of the infractions in the APP, as well as the analytics information delivered.