Improve truck parking management based on a real-time presence detection sensor system
Truck parking can be a source of problems in many cases. In highway’ service stations, the lack of information can result of serious availability issues and overcrowded parking areas as the drivers must respect strict driving time regulations and stop when they have to. In harbors, logistic centers or industrial plants, remote management of parking areas requires to know the bays that are already occupied to efficiently allocate spaces to newcomers and be able to ensure the connection with the rest of the operations.
Urbiotica’s truck parking detection solution consists in equipping all parking spaces with wireless sensors. The sensors detect the presence of a truck parked and allow to inform drivers of available parking spaces and the manager about the status of his parking area.
The solution includes:
- U-Spot Wireless sensors for single space detection to detect and transmit in real time the presence of a truck parked and the global availability of an area.
- Dynamic and high-quality message signs to transmit the information related to the availability of free spaces.
- API to integrate the sensor’s information with the parking management system
- Management web and mobile applications for device management and parking use analyzing.
How it works?
U-SPOT SINGLE SPACE DETECTION
- The driver goes to a free space guided by the information displayed on a dynamic message sign or allocated by the parking manager and parks his truck. The U-Spot sensor detects the arrival of the vehicle and sends the information to the platform.
- The platform collects the data and transforms it into updated information, and transmits it through the dynamic message signs and the web platform, indicating the new availability status, which in this case means one free space less.
- When the truck goes away, U-Spot no longer detects its presence, and sends information again so that the system transmits that the space is unoccupied again.
- In U-Admin platform, the manager can handle the published information, as well as configure, supervise and consult all the activity of the system.
Informing about parking availability allows drivers to plan their break adequately in service stations where they will be able to park.
By avoiding truck drivers to park in overcrowded areas, the risk of disturbances due to too many vehicles is greatly lowered.
The knowledge of trucks presence in the different areas allows a better management of the vehicles flow.
Why do we stand out?
- Robust devices and communication system for reliable and maintenance-free truck detection.
- Simple software integration with 3rd party platform for trucks and logistic management.
- Integrated solution from the detection to guidance dynamic message signs.