The challenge – Have reliable urban traffic information available, minimising investment and maintenance
Traffic congestion results in many wasted hours in traffic jams, a negative impact on the environment and major time and fuel consumption costs. Some studies say that this can amount to 34 billion dollars a year in the United States – with 65% of that value related to lost hours; 10 billion pounds in London and 111.3 billion euros in Europe.
Today, many Public Administrations face unsustainable traffic and congestion situations in their cities or regions that generate harmful levels of pollution to health and major distress for their citizens. Current traffic monitoring systems are subject to high operating, installation and maintenance costs, making them only accessible to large administrations.
Public Administrations want both a reliable and accessible real-time information system that allows them to design more efficient traffic management and mobility strategies even for smaller cities with fewer resources.
The solutions – technology for monitoring traffic
Our traffic monitoring solution is a solution that captures, reports and analyses real traffic information for the Smart management of cities. It provides Public Administrations and ITS Integrators with the tools to have available the real-time and historical information they need, securely, quickly and easily.
The simplicity, autonomy and cost of the solution puts it within reach of all types of Administrations regardless of their size and it can be used for a range of applications both in cities and on roads.
Real-time and historical information provides the necessary data to:
– Design action plans on the current traffic situation.
– Develop medium and long-term mobility management strategies.
– Generate alarms for critical congestion situations.
– Inform citizens of the traffic in real-time, providing alternative route options.
– Many other applications.
Real-time and historical traffic information is sent through easy-to-use management and display applications specifically designed for this. They enable easy use of the data provided on:
– Traffic volume.
– Road occupancy.
– Average traffic speed.
– Classification of vehicle traffic by size and travel speed.
Deployment and maintenance of the solution requires minimum investment with quick and easy installation, and hardly any engineering work.
This means that the solution is accessible to any public administration regardless of its size.
The operating and maintenance autonomy of the solution means that it can be easily installed in any location regardless of how isolated this might be because:
– The communication can be made through mobile networks.
– Battery and solar power can be combined, reducing dependence on external power sources.
– The solution has a 10-year useful life.
The solution is easily integrated with all current ITS systems, completing the traffic information that they provide and making it possible to reuse and take advantage of the investments in these systems.
Solutions for you
Economic efficiency. Installation and maintenance accessible for all.
Unlike other monitoring systems characterised by unaffordable installation and maintenance costs for many administrations, our solution adapts to the needs of even the smallest cities:
– Minimum investment. The installation is quick, easy and requires minimum engineering work.
– It reduces maintenance needs thanks to the autonomy of the solution.
– The system complements existing traffic equipment.
Real-time information enables administrations to provide citizens with an actual snapshot of the traffic at any time and therefore improve the flow on the roads.
The citizen will be able to anticipate and choose the best route, helping to determine when additional or alternative mobility options to the car (public transport, bicycle, car sharing, etc.) are necessary to reach the destination.
Useful information for defining traffic strategies.
Real-time and historical information on traffic volume, road occupancy and type of vehicles with their average speed provides the necessary data to:
– Design action plans
– Develop traffic strategies
Optimising operational costs.
The solution is an accessible investment thanks to:
– Easy and quick installation.
– Minimum engineering work.
– No maintenance required.
– Integration and interoperability with existing equipment: The technology and information provided is integrated and can complement that offered by existing traffic equipment. It provides a complete picture of the traffic conditions in addition to the information offered by CCTV equipment, radar, Bluetooth, etc.
Opportunity to monitor traffic in small and medium administrations.
The reliability and cost efficiency of the solution makes it possible to cover the market niche of small and medium administrations, which until now could not afford the costly investment of current monitoring systems. It is a large market which needs and demands solutions for unsustainable traffic situations for which there is a major business opportunity.
New applications and value-added services for the city.
The possibility of being able to increase monitoring points both in and outside of cities leads to a wide range of applications and value-added services that can be designed for better management of cities.
Why do our traffic monitoring solutions stand out?
Intelligent traffic monitoring stands out for:
- Easy to install system, accessible to all public administrations.
- Real-time and historical information on traffic volume, road occupancy and type of vehicles in order to react and define traffic strategies.
- Configuration to generate alarms and notices to improve mobility in the city.